- Easy to apply
- Lightweight all purpose joint compound
- Minimal shrinkage
- Specially formulated to reduce airborne dust when sanding
- Compound makes handling and application simpler, easier, and faster
- Compound is easy to sand for fast, smooth finishing
- Compound resists shrinkage and edge-cracking
- Compound is easy to mix
- Resists humidity for easy application in damp weather
- Provides check-crack resistance in heavy fills
Application: Finish and Repair of gypsum drywall
Thalas Lightweight Drywall Joint Compounds are used for embedding paper joint tape, finishing gypsum panel joints, and hand applying simple texturing. They are also ideal for skim coating gypsum panel surfaces and laminating and repairing cracks in interior plaster and masonry that is not subject to moisture.
The compounds offer easy workability and deliver excellent slip and bond and good crack resistance. They provide excellent bonding properties that are retained even under humid job conditions. They are available in ready-mixed formulation and in a conventional, drying-type powder that mixes easily with water.
The compounds meet ASTM C475.